Monday 9 November 2009

I Might Need to Join a Gym

October has passed and the temperature is dropping fast. That is not so bad for walking except that the time has changed to daylight savings time. It is already dark when I get home from work still needing six or seven thousand steps to meet my goal of ten thousand steps a day.

It is cold, uninviting, and not very pleasant to walk in the dark..

The question is, Does it make sense to spend the money on joining a gym or would I be wiser to invest in a good treadmill for home?
-
-
I don't know which is more practical. more importantly, I don't know which option will keep me motivated and exercising to the level I need to maintain my rapidly improving health.

If you have any ideas please let me know what you think. Your experience and advice will be most welcome.

On a positive note, I took a few days off to go salmon fishing last week . That is a fairly rugged proposition in late October in Nova Scotia. It was great though, I felt good and was comfortable with the demands of a couple of days on the river.

It was great encouragement to keep eating well, taking my meds and exercising. I was happily able to do something I thought was lost to me forever since my heart problems and subsequent bypass surgery.

On December 22nd it will be one year since my heart surgery. I need to think of something special to mark the occasion. Any suggestions?

Steps today: 7980

No comments:

Post a Comment